Friday, March 7, 2014

HIgh Tea at Queenies

Queenies is a charming, old fashioned tea house.  I would dare to say it is the best of it's type in Brisbane, only it's not really in Brisbane.   It's out in the suburbs North of Brisbane - in Nundah to be precise.   But don't let that put you off.

Queenies Tea House is worth a visit for their lemon sponge cake alone.   Their excellent range of teas, including the Marco Polo blend with rhubarb in it (love!) and the atmosphere of the place are further reasons to head out into the suburbs for a visit. 

They also do one of the nicest and best-value high teas in Brisbane.  It is advisable that you book if you want a high tea. 

My lovely friend Poisoned Kitty decided it had been too long since our group of girls got together for a vintage high tea so she organised one at Queenies in early February.    Here are some photos I took of the occasion.


I was rocking a new hair cut - very 20s bob.   Though you can't really such much of it in this shot, I was wearing the gorgeous 50s mint green hat my friend TrinnyT gifted to me and a vintage two strand faceted glass bead necklace I had thrifted.


And here's a pic of the beautiful TrinnyT herself in a 40s frock she sewed last year.  I envy her victory rolls.  Beside her is Lady L in her lovely 60s pink frock - an etsy purchase, I believe.


Sitting beside me was the most stunning Diana Daring.  Her hair is the most amazing mix of colours.  She is entering in the Miss Pinup Australia competition this year!  You can see the beautiful colours in her hair and vote for her here.  


Poisoned Kitty and her wonderful Mum were in attendance.  Poisoned Kitty was wearing a sunny yellow frock she'd sewed from a 40s pattern and a soft white vintage hat.    Her mum was wearing a frock Poisoned Kitty had made for her.


Sweet Bee came along in a pretty blue frock she'd sewn herself from a 50s pattern.  I didn't get to chat with her as much as I'd liked because she was at the other end of the long table to me.  Perhaps next time!


Sassy D was in a utterly gorgeous white and navy polka-dot frock that she'd made herself from a 50s sewing pattern.  It matched the navy and white vintage hat she'd bought perfectly.
  

Classy K was in a celebratory mood, having just become engaged to her beau that week.  Congratulations Classy K!   She was wearing a charming brown 20s frock she had sewn herself with her hair up in a pretty chignon.

You can see some more photos, including some full-length outfit shots on Poisoned Kitty's blog entry here and TrinnyT's blog entry here.

It was really special to spend a morning with such great company.  We'll have to do it again soon!

4 comments:

  1. We will definitely have to do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely day it was too.. :)... We need to do more of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look so fabulous! I always wanted to visit Queenies when I lived over that side of Brisbane but alas… I never quite made it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next time you visit our Sunshine State, Teresa. :)

      Delete