Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Kustom Krafts Brisbane Retro & Vintage Markets - Sandgate July '13.

It had been ages since I had been free to attend a vintage market so I was pleased to find myself at the entrance to the Kustom Krafts markets at Sandgate again in early July.

 
I had a limited budget so buying new dresses was not on the cards.  That was fine by me because I had a mind to buy brooches and other accessories.

I had a great time browsing the stores.  There seemed to be a lot more stores selling homewares this time which I think was a good move.  One stall in particular took my attention, Beautiful Trash.  The stall had a nice range of glassware, china, figurines and other vintage homewares at very reasonable prices.  I didn't buy anything because I was saving my cash for brooches but I was sorely tempted by a few pieces.


 I also had eyes for some of the pretty vintage dresses that Cassie's Corner had on the racks. Cassie is always my first stop at the Kustom Kraft's markets and this time was no exception.  She always stocks an excellent supply of brooches.  I browsed through them for ages before choosing a pink poodle brooch and a more sensible gold leaf one.     

I then discovered a recent addition to the Brisbane Vintage stall holders, Vintage Affairs.  They had a all kinds of goodies to interest me, from recycled fabric, scarves, hats, dresses and jewelry as well as a few Australian Home Journals (my addiction!)  The kind folks running the store willing to let me haggle on prices so I could take home a black feather bandeaux as well as a hair scarf and red flocked handkerchief.  I was stoked!


I must admit I was at first little nervous about my outfit.  Though I loved my thrifted 50s frock, it was the first time I'd tried wearing the belt over cardigan style.  However I received a few compliments which settled my worries.


Dress: Home-made dacron fabric frock with original belt (thrifted)
Cardigan: 60s knit cardigan (thrifted)
Shoes:  Wittner navy and white wedges sandles
Accessories:  Thistle and heather brooch (Kijaro Vintage), long pearl strand (gift), vintage navy scarf in hair (Chapple Street Bazaar), pearl earrings, 60s cane bag (La Bella Donna)

No comments:

Post a Comment