...The organisers of the market looked at all of the feedback and for December organised a really, truly fabulous market.
The December market was held at the Sandgate RSL with some stalls in a large carpark market, some stalls outside at the lawn-side and some inside (making the most of the airconditioning!. I felt a little for the cupcake stall which was outside on such a terribly hot Queensland Summer day.
There was a really excellent turn-out of vintage stalls, including some tried and true favourites of Brisbane vintage markets. (Kassie's Corner and The Vintage Advantage) but also a large number of vintage stalls I'd never seen before.
There are plenty of other photos of the markets and individual stalls on the Kustom Kraft's Facebook site.
PoisonedKitty ran a vintage and make-up stall so of course I had my makeup done. Much easier than doing it myself! I hope she had a successful day and runs her market stall again in the future!
I bought a few goodies for myself, photographed and listed below:
- Enid Gilchrist's Sewing Pattern Book - Unknown Stall - $5
- 50s Barkcloth Skirt - Vintage Dresses (no storefront, only at markets) - $20
- Green Bangle - Remember When (Brisbane Antique Centre) - $6
- Blue Necklace (a perfect match for the colours in my barkcloth skirt) - Remember When (Brisbane Antique Centre)- $8
- Tablecloth (pink and green floral at top right)- The Best Little Vintage Van in Vegas - $7