Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kustom Krafts - Brisbane Retro, Vintage, Rockabilly Market - Sandgate December '12.

Earlier this year Sassy D, PoisonedKitty and I attended the Kustom Kraft Market at the Sandgate Hall.  We were somewhat disappointed by the organisation of the event - it was too crowded, too small a space for the market, too loud and I left without a cent spent....

BUT

...The organisers of the market looked at all of the feedback and for December organised a really, truly fabulous market. 

The December market was held at the Sandgate RSL with some stalls in a large carpark market, some stalls outside at the lawn-side and some inside (making the most of the airconditioning!.  I felt a little for the cupcake stall which was outside on such a terribly hot Queensland Summer day. 

There was a really excellent turn-out of vintage stalls, including some tried and true favourites of Brisbane vintage markets. (Kassie's Corner and The Vintage Advantage) but also a large number of vintage stalls I'd never seen before. 



There are plenty of other photos of the markets and individual stalls on the Kustom Kraft's Facebook site.

PoisonedKitty ran a vintage and make-up stall so of course I had my makeup done.  Much easier than doing it myself!   I hope she had a successful day and runs her market stall again in the future!

I bought a few goodies for myself, photographed and listed below:



  • Enid Gilchrist's Sewing Pattern Book - Unknown Stall  - $5
  • 50s Barkcloth Skirt - Vintage Dresses (no storefront, only at markets) - $20
  • Green Bangle - Remember When (Brisbane Antique Centre) - $6
  • Blue Necklace (a perfect match for the colours in my barkcloth skirt) - Remember When (Brisbane Antique Centre)- $8
  • Tablecloth (pink and green floral at top right)-  The Best Little Vintage Van in Vegas -  $7

No comments:

Post a Comment