Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thrifting in August (last year!)

I go all over Brisbane on my thrifting adventures but sometimes there are some great finds right under your nose.  All of these came from two sales in my local area - less than 5 minutes drive from my house.

A Chinese painted tin, four napkins and a little clipper ship diorama.



With all the napkins I've been buying I really should have a dinner party or two!
The tea tin now stores my vintage hair wave clips. 
And the ship diorama?  Well, my husband dreams of one day having a 'man den'.  The kind of place with a big, solid leather-topped desk, a swivel captains chair and walls of books.  Perhaps a dart board.   I thought that when his dream comes true, the little clipper ship would look perfect in his 'man den'.   Until then, it looks fab on my fireplace mantle.


I'm not sure which find I was more pleased with out of the lot of clothes and accessories.  The sage cropped trench-coat is a now favourite piece in my wardrobe... but then, how often do you buy a 1940s enamel and coral necklace, brooch and earrings set still attached to its original felt board for just $20? 

I also have to admire the navy beaded clutch (not yet used! Shame on me!).  And the jangly bead brooch was a bargain at 50c.  It is so perfectly matched to the trench-coat too!

No comments:

Post a Comment