Tuesday, September 11, 2012

To blog or not to blog?

I am the first to admit that I am fickle.

One year I will be passionately involved in cosplay and the next I will be knee-deep in gardening.  One week I will be working madly on completing a cross-stitch and the next it will lay neglected while I focus on making cards.

But despite my changeable nature and wide interests there are some things that stay constant - like my love of all things old, vintage clothes and items. 

I know there is a plethora of blogs on the netsphere penned by writers and photographers with far greater talent than my own.   I almost talked myself out of writing this blog - because what could I add that these other bloggers haven't already? 

So why is this blog here at all?  Because another constant in my life has been diaries, journals and blogs.   I'm a great believer in looking at the path you have walked in your life and recording the things you do so that one day you can look back on them with a fond reminiscence. 

Recently (that is, in the last 6 months) I have been inspired by friends and by other bloggers to begin the slow process of building a vintage wardrobe.  Before that I mostly just whistfully admired vintage fashions and collected vintage sewing patterns.   I occasionally sewed an item or two but these were considered costumes and rarely included in my day-to-day wardrobe.   To me, building this wardrobe is actually a bit of an adventure that involves field trips, exciting finds, disappointments and experiments.   It is the kind of everyday adventure that I want to be able to look back on and remember. 

So I decided that I would add this little blog to the mass that already exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment